Hours of Operation: 24 hours – 7 days a week
In this program, we provide adults (18 years and older) with support and a safe environment as they withdraw from alcohol, drugs, or other substances. The program is voluntary, and free of charge. The stay is typically 5 – 7 days, and while people are with us, nursing staff, physicians, and case managers are sensitive to the needs of clients during this time and provide twenty-four hour support and encouragement. The Medically Supported Detox is located at 5246 53rd Ave.
How do I access the program?
Individuals requesting admission attend the centre at 8:30 am daily. Referrals from many sources are accepted: self-referral, referrals from family, friends, hospitals, physicians, and a wide range of community agencies. The program provides services primarily to residents of Central Alberta.
What can I expect?
- Physicians provide assessment and guidance for managing withdrawal using medication assisted treatment which is tailored to clients’ specific needs.
- Narcotics and benzodiazepines will not be prescribed.
- Program staff provide knowledgeable assistance with choosing treatment programs and the process of application for treatment.
- Addiction counselors from Alberta Health Services are available two times a week to provide assessments, referral, and guidance for treatment options.
- Nutrition is an important aspect of the program and balanced, tasty meals are provided.
- Clients have the opportunity to participate in groups such as Alcoholics Anonymous, Wellbriety, and Sharing Circles, and small group sessions related to knowledge and skills for healthy living.
- We are a vape free site.